Beer and pork are the answer, but I forgot the
- Date of Birth: 24.09.1963.
- Town and country of birth:
Jindrichuv Hradec, Bohemia.
(JH on Wikipedia).\
- Citizenship: Australian and Czech.
- My family fled when Prague Spring failed in
1968, and I lived in each of the following places (my parents remain
in Perth): West Germany, Kassel (1968-72)-South Africa, Pretoria
(1972-77)-West Germany, Goettingen (1977-83)-Australia, Perth
(1983-88)-England, Cambridge (1988-92)-Germany, Heidelberg
Kiel (2000-2004), Professor in Bonn (since 2004).
- I attended the Theodor-Heuss-Gymnasium, Goettingen , from 1977 to
1983, and prior to that the then boy's Christian
Brother's Catholic School in Pretoria.
- I play squash, am a keen hiker and swimmer, fence, enjoy classical
music and am very interested in zoology, animal/human behaviour and
I am fluent in German, English and
Czech. I can (partially) communicate in French, and I
have been taught Afrikaans as well as some Latin in
Back to Main