Diversity, Equity, Inclusion
At AIfA, we value diversity and inclusion and strive to be a welcoming, caring, and equitable community where students, staff, and faculty with different backgrounds, perspectives, abilities, and experiences can thrive in an environment of respect, and feel empowered to engage in any community conversation.
The AIfA DEI committee is committed to fostering a culture in which every member of the institute feels respected, valued and supported. The committee plays an active role in shaping the institute’s policies, organizes social events, and provides opportunities for members of the department to learn about issues related to diversity and inclusion in academic and research settings.
- Encourage and empower contributions from members of the institute.
- Increase knowledge of how to promote a healthy climate and culture.
- Encourage evaluation of our efforts to improve diversity and inclusivity.
- Prepare code of conducts and policies to help facilitate the development of an inclusive environment.
- Organize community events for the institute.
- Consider current mentoring structures in the institute and how they can be improved.
- Support members of the institute and help them navigate solutions to problems.
- Work with the university-wide diversity committee.
- Strive to create the best environment for all.
The committee includes representatives from Bachelor and Master students, PhD students, staff, and faculty. Please reach out if you would like to join us. We would love to have you.
Sambaran Banerjee, Subarna Chaki, Simon Dannhauer, Asit Dave, Alex Eggemeier, Prachi Khatri, Caroline Mannes, Andrina Nicola, Florian Pacaud, Prabhanjan Arvind Telang, Angie Veronica
- +49 228 73 - 6434
- +49 228 73 - 3390
- +49 228 73 - 6788
- +49 228 73 - 5770
Everyone in the institute is welcome to provide input through email (dei AT astro.uni-bonn.de), via in person/zoom meetings, as well as through the anonymous feedback form. Any suggestions and new ideas are more than welcome!
Every Thursday at 2pm: AIfA coffee in the first floor kitchen
10.11.2023: AIfA Welcome event (details to follow)
- AIfA welcome notes
- Mental health:
Psychological Counseling offered by the University of Bonn
Psychosocial Counseling offered by the AStA
- Diversity at Uni Bonn:
Equal Opportunity and Diversity Unit at the University of Bonn
Equal Opportunity and Diversity Unit: Counseling regarding Racism
- Reporting of Misconduct and Breaches of Law at Uni Bonn:
Internal Reporting Office
- International scholars:
University of Bonn's Welcome Center for International Researchers